Thursday 24 October 2013

A few notes ...

Good morning,

Here are a few important notes:

1. We will begin painting our dioramas on Monday or Tuesday and the students will need a shoebox.  If you have any extras that you can send along, that would be great.  I also have a few extras in case you are not able to send one to school.

2.  I will be giving the students a quiz in Math on Tuesday.  The quiz will cover place values and writing out the number in letter forms and as equations.

Here are a few example of questions I will pose...

1. Write out the number 23 492.
2. What is the value of the digit five in the number 456 231 (ten thousand)
3. Write out the number 23 492 as an equation (20 000+3000+400+90+2)

We are doing centres to review these concepts.  I will have a chance to work with each student prior to the quiz.

Please let me know if you have any questions

Enjoy the long weekend,
Mme C.

No comments:

Post a Comment