Monday 21 September 2015

Character Bag

Good afternoon,

As a class, we have discussed our 4 basic needs in order to be happy: Love and Belonging, Freedom, Power, Fun.

Starting on Tuesday, each student will present their character bag to the class.  The students are asked to bring a paper or a plastic bag and items from home which represents all 4 needs.  One item can represent more than one need (for example, a photo with friends could represent love and belonging as well as fun).  The items should be small enough to fit into their bag, for example, if a dog represents love and belonging, the student could bring a dog collar or a dog toy.

I will give them time on Wednesday to practice presenting.  We will be presenting on Thursday and Friday.

Here is an example of what I would include in my character bag:

Power and Freedom - A cd to represent music because I love to sing.  I feel I have a good voice (power) and I feel free when I sing (freedom).

Love and belonging and Fun - I would bring some photos of my family and friends and a cat toy to represent my pets.

If you have any questions, please send me an email as soon as possible and I will respond right away.

Have a great weekend!
Mme C

No comments:

Post a Comment