Tuesday 17 December 2013

Math Quiz and A Charlie Brown Christmas

Good morning,

I will be giving the students one last quiz on Thursday.  It will cover algebraic questions.

Here are some examples:

1     2
2     4
3     6
4
5
6


They would need to complete the table (8, 10, 12), and write out the rule (Xx2 or 2X).

They will also need to write out an equation for a questions.

e.g. I had a box of 30 chocolates.  I ate a few and I now have 13 left.  The equation would be 30-X=13 and X=17.

Finally, there will be algebraic questions where they need to find X.
e.g. X-4=25  X=29, 2X=8  X=4

I will do a review with them on Tuesday and Wednesday.


I am also asking the students to practice their lines for a play we will be presenting on Thursday (A Charlie Brown Christmas).  The students will be choosing their parts today.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Mme C


No comments:

Post a Comment